Monday, July 27, 2015

OH HELLO                                                      
I’m an interdisciplinary artist working with sculpture, textiles, performance and video.  I often perform with sculptures or make them through performative explorations in the studio or in participatory environments that engage the audience.  Drawing and writing are also an integral part of my practice: text appears again and again, congealing, mutating, sublimating, dissipating. Humor and the influence of pop culture are undeniable and I explore them with pleasure. I’m interested in a dialog between myself and my materials, living being, non-living matter and the philosophy that informs these kinds of dialog in an effort to subvert dominant ideas of human-centered subjectivity. Improvisation in my studio practice and performance work have proven to be an essential and surprising strategy in this liberatory work.

No comments:

Post a Comment